UMBC Presidential Staff Awards
Board of Regents USM Staff Awards
Jakubik Family Endowment Staff Award
Karen L. Wensch Endowment Award for Outstanding Non-Exempt Staff
Is there someone:
- In your department who is doing a superior job?
- On campus who is exceptionally talented and dedicated?
- Who is truly outstanding and always there to help solve a problem or take on new or challenging tasks?
- Who goes above and beyond to support student success?
- Who has made a significant contribution to enhance effectiveness and efficiency in learning or administration?
- Who has done stellar work to advance inclusion, multiculturalism, or social justice?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you may have a nominee for the UMBC Presidential Staff Awards, the Board of Regents USM Staff Awards, the Jakubik Family Endowment Staff Award or the Karen L. Wensch Endowment Award for Outstanding Non-Exempt Staff.
We invite all departments and offices to submit nominations to the Office of the Provost to the attention of the Staff Awards Committee. Take a minute to recognize our most deserving staff colleagues (exempt and non-exempt) by nominating them for one or more of these prestigious awards. The BOR awards require at least 5 consecutive years of UMBC service and provide a $2,000 stipend. The Presidential Staff Awards require at least 7 years of UMBC service for exempt staff and 5 years for non-exempt staff. They provide a $2,500 stipend. The Jakubik Family Endowment Award requires 5 years at UMBC and provides a $750 stipend. The Karen L. Wensch Endowment Award requires 5 years at UMBC and provides a $1,000 stipend.
Deadline for submissions is November 1, 2018
Please forward nomination materials (one nomination form and one nomination letter, with resume) to the following address:
Staff Awards Committee
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
The staff awards committee has representation from past award winners as well as representatives from the staff senates. If you have any questions regarding the awards or the nominations and selection process, please contact Beth Wells, Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.